- Facilitated the hire of a suitable venue and managed the full technique schedule of the performance coming into a London theatre for the first time.
- Mediated the communications between two partners working in a second language.
- Organized and managed the publicity of this unique piece across a range of media in order to increase the prolife of the show, as well as the ‘Zhejiang Xiaobaihua Opera Troupe’.
- Arranged a symposium at the ‘China Exchange’ London, with the aim of bringing a greater understand of the ‘Yue Opera Troupe’ to a British audience.
- Set-up two cultural communication events at Royal Shakespeare Company and Shakespeare’s birthplace to increase the prolife of the ‘Zhejiang Xiaobaihua Yue Opera Troupe’.
Performance Infinity helped to mark a significant year in global theatre, the four-hundred-year anniversary of two of the world’s most noted playwrights, William Shakespeare and Tang Xianzu. To highlight this the internationally renowned ‘Zhejiang Xiaobaihua Yue Opera Troupe’ created a unique piece of work ‘Coriolanus and Du Liniang’, combining Shakespeare’s ‘Coriolanus’ with Xianzu’s ‘The Peony Pavilion’. As well as presenting the show Performance Infinity arranged a symposium event and two stand-alone showcases. This offered British audience members the chance to enhance their understanding of the ‘Zhejiang Xiaobaihua Yue Opera Troupe’ and put question to its director Guo Xiaonan. The play Interweaves the story of the Roman general Coriolanus, ostracized by his own people, and Du Liniang, a young heroine who vividly dreams of the future lover she has yet to meet. In order to bring this exceptional piece of work to London, Performance Infinity, in its capacity as lead producers brought the show to London’s Peacock Theatre. Combining our experience and knowledge of London’s theatre market, we were able to deliver a highly successful sold-out performance. This was part of the official programme to commemorate the 400th year anniversary of the deaths of Tang Xianzu and William Shakespeare.